Thursday, January 23, 2014

Internet Literary Review

In my time at university, we already had internet. The most of sources were from internet. However, they were still some conference papers, just rather than getting them from library. We got them from a electronic database. Moreover, we had to check about the background of authors and conference, whether that is relevant to our research. That was very rare to use any internet websites. If we use them, we must have a very very excuse!
Nowadays, we have "google". That sounds everyone can be a professional researcher! I have a lot friends who claimed they are some kinds of experts on a specialized field. They can talk a lot and sounds know a lot too! After I asked "how do you know about that?", they started to show some websites, in some cases, they even showed me some video blogs from youtube. How can I trust those sources? Who is the author? How do they do the research? Even the authors have a "Dr." in front of their name, where they got their Ph.d and what is their research area. We completely don't know these information. I cannot treat any sources to be reliable with them, or even putting them into my "literary review".

No comments: