Friday, April 18, 2014

Selling products online is not free of charge!

Some people believe selling products is very low cost, even free of charge. In our example, I have a C# library, AdvGen SQL Backup, which can trigger a SQL backup via C# code. Some of friends believe, I just put the details of online and hooked up PayPal. Then my job is done, I can sit back and relax, lastly, waiting the payments.
My friends, that is not that easy. I need to do the marketing. I have to invest a lot of money for online advertisements. I even talked with a lot of people offline for the product promotion. In this case, our product is only a small project. If we put some major products online, even I need to put advertisements on some local papers, put leaflets into the local people mail box. All of them requires "$$$"(money). You can say comparing the rental cost of a physical shopfront. Running my online shop  is much lower! But that is not cheap!

No comments: