Sunday, October 18, 2015

Rebuild the software, rather than upgarde

I am writing a new version of my client's website. There are some contents and a new layout. However, that is not a upgrade. I am re-writing the whole system. Actually, that is a common practice. The system is about 3 years ago. In some companies, they will rebuild systems every few years. That is because a lot of times, programmers put the patches to fix the bugs. In the most times, those patches are not the best way to implement functions. When the system rebuild those fixes can be cleanup. Also, that is the chance to upgrade the system libraries. In my client's websites, that is using MVC2. Now, I am using MVC5. That is a major upgrade. Rebuilding the whole website can be do this kind of libraries cleaner.

No comments: